Friday, January 31, 2014

Thing 5: Notetaking



I'd like to write about two different types of Notetaking apps that I use and like. I've tried many and found that these two fit the need for me.

The first is strictly for taking notes. This is Notability. This app gives you so many options for Notetaking in meetings and classes. With Notability you can record voice. You can take pictures within the app and then move them around and size them. You can import .doc or pdf and annotate them. And one of the best features is that you can set it up so that every note you take is backed up to your Dropbox or Google Drive account.

Notability was selected as a top app for 2013.

Here are a few illustrations of notes in Notability:


I've been trying to find a good app for reminders and I haven't really liked any of them. I want an app where I can input different types of reminders - projects with various steps for completion, long term reminders, shopping lists, to-do lists - that would keep me organized and on top of everything both at work, at school, and on all the committees I'm on. 

Right now I'm trying Things. It syncs between my iPad, iPhone and computers, and has options for keeping track of all different kinds of events and lists. It should be an organizer's dream, but I'm still having a little trouble entering everything into it.

It was not a cheap or free app either, so I'm going to work really hard to make this one work. I'll keep you posted on it!


No comments:

Post a Comment